MotoGadget M-unit Blue
Please select all options.
in stock as of 2/1/2023.
Be sure to checkout our detailed video of the m-unit installation.
The m.unit blue by motogadget is the next generation of digital control units for motorcycles. It boasts a range of new and improved features, including 12 inputs and 10 outputs, replaceable cable clamps, and Bluetooth LE connectivity. This allows it to be paired with the m.ride smartphone app, giving you even more control over your motorcycle's electrical system.
The m.unit blue is the heart of your motorcycle's electrical system, managing everything from the alarm system to the starter relay. It can be operated using buttons or traditional handlebar switches and is designed to reduce the number of relays and components in the wiring harness, making rewiring a breeze.
With the m.ride app, you get even more features like Keyless Go, where the bike's electrical system is activated as you approach with your smartphone. The app also provides real-time audio fault messages, firmware updates, and diagnostics. Additionally, the app keeps a logbook of your journeys and vehicle status, and even helps you find your parked bike.
Compatible with both Android and iOS devices, the m.unit blue by motogadget is the ultimate digital control unit for your motorcycle.
Features WITHOUT smartphon and m.ride App
- Complete digital control using buttons possible with 4 or 5-button operation.
- Complete replacement for the fuse box. 10 independent circuits are digitally monitored and switched off if there are faults. After the fault is rectified, the safety function is automatically reset.
- Integrated alarm system that can be installed in any position.
- Integrated, digital flasher relay that is load-independent; automatic switch-off optional and can be set; m.wave mode can be selected.
- Integrated hazard warning light.
- Turn signal can optionally be set as a positioning light.
- Integrated parking light and Hi-beam flashing.
- Lo-beam and Hi-beam (up to 200 W switched capacity) can be controlled using only one button.
- Integrated, digital brake light modulator; flashing mode can be programmed.
- Acceleration-controlled emergency brake light (automatic warning signal).
- Integrated starter relay for the starter system with solenoid (up to 30 A switched capacity).
- Intelligent and configurable management/switch-off of power consuming devices so that the maximum starting energy from the battery can be used when starting the bike.
- Integrated, digital horn relay.
- Two configurable additional outputs AUX1 and AUX2.
- Diagnostics function for assigning inputs, outputs, the circuit switching status, short circuit diagnostics etc.
- Current measurement enables faults to be detected on all lights suchs as headlights, turn signals, brake lights etc.
Features WITH smartphone and m.ride App
- Encrypted connection via Bluetooth® LE (Low Energy) for manipulation protection and lower smartphone and m.unit blue energy usage.
- Keyless Go (the on-board electrical system is switched on when you approach the bike with your smartphone).
- Alarm events are sent via Bluetooth® to the App (with date, time, vehicle on the floor etc.).
- Alarm system mode and sensitivity can be adjusted.
- The on board voltage can be monitored in the App.
- Diagnostics on all inputs and outputs; current, voltage and device temperature measurement.
- Real-time audio fault messages issued via the helmet headset.
- Outputs can be switched manually via smartphone (except for starter).
- Firmware updates provided anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
- Setup menu can be configured anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
- Speedometer input for comparing the vehicle mileage with m.ride can be used for vehicle management with automatic alerts for maintenance tasks, the condition of the tires, chain, brake pads, oil, operating fluids, spark plugs etc.
- Logbook for recording journeys and displaying the vehicle status, alarm events and maintenance tasks.
- Parking position display and Ping! for help locating the vehicle.
- LIN bus connection for connecting to compatible motogadget products at a later date.
The m.ride App is now available for Android (from version 6.0) and for iOS (from iPhone 5) coming soon. The modern Bluetooth® LE is used to couple the m.unit blue with the smartphone. This requires certain requirements for the smartphone’s hardware.
Compatible with iOS 10 and up on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
The following Android models are currently compatible (we are working on to make more phones compatible):
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
- Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S5/S5 Neo
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 10.5
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Google Pixel/ Pixel XL
- Google Nexus 5
- Google Nexus 5X
- LG G4
- LG G5
- Sony Experia Z3 Compact
- OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T
- Huawei P9/ P9 Plus
Scope of Supply
- m.unit blue
- 1 x M5 stainless steel bolt
- 2 x M5 stainless steel bolts with hex nuts
- 1 x speed sensor with 2 magnets
- Detailed installation and operating instructions
Dimensions and specifications
L/W/H: 101 x 61 x 28 mm (4" x 2.4" x 1.1")
Weight: approx. 180 g
Mounting: 2 x M5 screws, stainless steel (mounting and ground terminal), 1 x M5 screw-on terminal for battery positive
Operating voltage: 6V - 20V
Operating temperature: -20 °C... +80 °C
1 x input (+12V switched) for ignition lock or m-Lock
11 x control pilot inputs (minus/ground, switched) for left turn signal, right turn signal, low beam/high beam, starter, horn, brake light, kill switch, kick stand switch, LIN-Bus, AUX1 and AUX2
10 x Outputs (+12V) for left turn signal, right turn signal, Lo-beam, Hi-beam, starter, horn, brake light, ignition, AUX1 and AUX2
m.unit blue Manual and Downloads